1. Q: Do I need to oil my ceiling fans?
2. Q: What if my ceiling fans motor breakdown after the limited warranty period?
* Transportation Charge @ $25.00 per trip
* Service Charge @ $10.00 per fan
Once you agreed on the transportation and service charges, we will send our Technician down to your site to troubleshoot and check on the motor. If the motor found to be defective, then a new motor will be replaced.
3. Q: My house installed with 2 Acorn ceiling fans, can I use only one remote controller to control both ceiling fans?
4. Q: What if my ceiling fans breakdown within the limited warranty period?
* Warranty Card Number
* Products details such as model number, size, colors etc.
* Date of purchase
* Purchase from which dealer’s shop
Our customer service coordinator will arrange an appointment with you for sending our technician to service the breakdown ceiling fans and replaced any faulty parts. No cost will be charge within the limited warranty coverage period.
5. Q: What if the parts was replaced within the limited warranty period, do I enjoy another 1 year warranty?
6. Q: How do you determine the 1 year limited warranty period?
If you do online warranty registration, you will enjoy additional 1 year limited warranty. Which mean your limited warranty start on 01/06/2017 and ended on 01/06/2019.
7. Q: What is the criteria for online warranty registration?
* Your name, contact number, email address and site address which the fan installed
* Warranty card number
* Serial number (new requirement)
* Ceiling fans details such as model number, size, colors and lightkit type (if any).
* Clear image of the invoice and warranty card* (new requirement)
Any improper information and blur image will be rejected by the system. You will received an acknowledgement email from Acorn if your online warranty registration is successfully processed. Please keep the email for future reference if needed.
8. Q: I had done the online warranty registration for my Acorn ceiling fan. Do I still need to show your Technician my warranty card when they come to service my ceiling fan within the limited warranty period?
9. Q: What is the payment mode for the repair charges?
* For Cash payment: please prepare an adequate amount
* For cheque payment: cheque payable to “Acorn Technical Centre”
10. Q: How do I know what size fan to purchase?
In order to allow sufficient space for the fan to draw air through the fan blades and circulate air efficiently, it is recommended to have a distance from 10 inches or more between fan blades and the ceiling.
Fan blades should have at least 18 inches away from the closest walls.
For your safety, ceiling fans should be installed approximately 7 feet / 2.1 meter above the floor.
11. Q: My fan stopped working. Why is this not considered motor failure?
12. Q: I had modified and fix my fan by using non-Acorn parts. It works for a while but now it is having problems. Is the fan covered under warranty including motor (lifetime warranty)?
13. Q: I just moved into new house and the fans that came with the house are having problems. Are they covered under warranty?
14. Q: Can you help me to shift the fan from my living to master bedroom?
15. Q: Can I just purchase the lightkit LED panel and replace it myself?.